Monday, September 21, 2009

is anyone still interested?

I don't know if anyone out there reads this anymore but if you do I apologize for my lack of blogginess over the summer. I'm not sure why I stopped writing for a while but I did. Now I'm going to start again.

Things I've been thinking over the past week or maybe month:

-Forcing myself to stay awake through the night needs to stop soon.

-It is strange how my heart and mind are transforming to see the difficult things in life as blessings and not only that, but to embrace and welcome the difficulty because it's all for a greater good. It is not strange that when I share this in various company it causes tension because, really, we want to be comfortable.

-sometimes the thing you think will break your heart, doesn't.

-cutting cable is proving to be undeniably freeing.

-I love Stuart Mclean and The Vinyl Cafe. There's a podcast so I can listen whenever I want.

-God continues to raise up a few who will speak difficult truth. My pastor Norm Westside Church Vancouver,BC, Mark Driscoll, Mars Hill Seattle, Francis Chan, Simi Valley, CA. Listen to this sermon if you dare.

-just because I'm an extrovert doesn't mean I'm not okay with silence and solitude. Some people just don't believe me.

-it's funny how the same Bible story can make me cry every time I hear it. Especially when it reminds me that God's hand is working even when I can't see it.

That's just some of the stuff I've been thinking about. I know there's more. Thanks for reading,

-i really, really miss my bicycle.

3 comments:

brando said...

still reading!

i can't say i like or agree with the macho version of jesus that driscoll espouses, and seems to be in some ways the antithesis of what i understand him to have been like; but then again, weak he certainly was not.

regardless, we'll see you soon!

Karen D said...

Yay... you're back! Good thoughts as always. I really really miss my bike too. It was the only permanent thing in my life these last 7 years! Bike shopping is like buying a new car - so not fun! Lets connect one of these days.

Anonymous said...

Charlotte reads.