Wednesday, July 18, 2007

fabulous folk fest and friends

This is a picture of my folk festival booklet. I love this booklet because it helped me decide which music I would spend all day Saturday and Sunday listening to. And really, is there any better way to spend aaaaaaaaallllllllllll weekend than listening to and watching amazing musicians who love what they do and are really good at it?!! I think not!! My heart was honestly warmed through listening to these amazing people who have dedicated their lives to that which moves them. My heart was even more warmed when my friend Karla turned to me and said, "I am so glad you came this weekend."

I was challenged this weekend to the depths of my soul. I have flitted around the edges of writing music and prose but sometimes I am afraid of what jumping in will do to me. What will it do to my life if I actually give in to this? What will it do to my life if I don't? How do I go about finding out?

Right now, today, I know that parts of my life are not what I want them to be. Other parts are better than I imagined they could be. I've written before about how I am so blessed to have the friends I do. Here are Dave and Karla and I at the Folk Festival on Sunday evening waiting for The Be Good Tanya's to start. Aren't they lovely? I think so.




1 comment:

brando said...

sweetness. man, i've never been yet.

i seriously can't believe david's facial hair. love it. can't believe karla's okay with it!