Saturday, September 22, 2007

caulking

I am in Winnipeg right now visiting my friend Laura and her husband Jason. I have a lovely room. The nights are cool and crisp and the days are warm and sunny. At least they have been for the day and a half I've been here.

Jason is entrenched in a full on war with the wasps that have invaded the carport. Right after Laura and I got home last night Jason greeted us warmly and then grabbed his caulking gun to "seal those suckers in the wall." It is very amusing to watch this man who is in a battle with bugs. This morning he could hardly contain himself to see whether or not "the caulking had killed those suckers dead." When Laura and I arrived home this afternoon from the farmer's market, the corn maze and a little bit of trendy shopping, we encountered the caulking gun just outside the back door. I guess the suckers haven't died yet.

No comments: