Wednesday, September 26, 2007

where are we all going?

For about 2 minutes the skytrain runs parallel with highway #1. The train goes about as fast as the traffic going eastbound. The skytrain car was quite full and there were many cars on the road. As I was riding the rails this morning on my way to work I thought to myself, "Where in the world are we all going and why?!!" What motivates us all to get up and make ourselves look decent and go to these jobs to make money? Why on earth are we speeding, walking quickly, frantically moving through time and space to get to jobs? I know these aren't new questions and I'm sure we've all asked them, but it struck me. Definitely not going to attempt answering these questions. I think it's good for them to linger for a while.

As I was getting ready this morning I realized that I spent Monday driving around with no car insurance!!! My stomach went into a knot and I thought of all the horrible things that could have happened and the unbelievable amount of money I would have had to find if those things had happened. On Monday I had a passenger for the majority of the day...what if? what if? These thoughts quickly turned to thanksgiving for the protection of Jesus and how He was unknowingly working on my behalf. I'm pretty sure this happens more often than I realize.

No comments: