Friday, November 23, 2007

panic and relief

I experienced panic and relief in the span of about 45 seconds today. I had breakfast with a friend. Then I got on the bus to make it to my next social engagement which was coffee with another friend. While on the bus I realized I would make it to our meeting place a little early so I gave her a call. I put my cell phone back in my jacket pocket. I pulled the string on the bus to get off at the next stop. About 10 seconds after I got off the bus I put my hand in my pocket....NO PHONE!! surge of adrenalin, increased heart rate. Crap! I left it on the bus. I turned around and realized the bus was at a red light. I ran toward the bus and got to the front of the bus as a very nice man was handing my phone to the bus driver. I tapped lightly on the window and yelled, "It's mine! It's mine!" The very cute bus driver threw his head back, opened his mouth and laughed out loud. He opened the door and handed me my phone. I said, "thank you, thank you, thank you!"

1 comment:

Beth said...

ha ha ha ha ha....i can picture this well.