Saturday, November 3, 2007

squash extravaganza!

When I arrived home from writing class I checked my messages. One of the messages was from my delightful friend Karla who had come up with the idea to cook various types of squash just to try them out. I jumped at the idea. So at 6pm, with squash in hand, Karla arrived at my house. Sarah Jane, a former student turned friend, had been at my house all afternoon visiting and she was game for squash night too. The cooking began. Fortunately I have recently purchased some Henckel knives which made cutting the squash a lot easier. In the long run we had spaghetti squash with spaghetti sauce, an acorn squash stuffed with Spanish rice and baked with mozzarella and another kind of squash that I can't remember the name of just baked with some spice. DELISH!! The first pic is of Karla and I wearing toques I knit (I'm on a toque knitting frenzy). The second pic is my plate of squash before I ate it. I'll be sure to invite you next time!!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

your friend Karla is a babe.