Monday, October 29, 2007

fun, fun and more fun!

This past weekend was fantastic. I don't think it would be possible to pack more fun into three days. My weekend began on Friday. I had a cinnamon bun and coffee with my friend Beth. The more I get to know Beth the more I like her. She is fun and funny. She is thoughtful and wise. She has fabulous curly hair and a wonderful smile. Beth invited me to a ceilidh. That's pronounced kay-lee. Essentially it's a Scottish square dance. I loved it and my calves, right at the top just below the knee, have been on fire for the last three days. The flames are starting to dissipate now, thankfully.

After coffee with Beth, my friend Jonas and I went to Value Village to buy him a Halloween costume. Jonas is from Switzerland and he has never celebrated Halloween before. I dressed him up as a mad scientist, wig and all. He's a really good sport. I also took him to JJ Bean for an americano. This was his first americano from JJ Bean. It was fun to watch him drink it. The day progressed to dinner at Andi's then the ceilidh.

Saturday began with my writing class and ended at Fright Nights at Playland. Me, Sabrina, Luc and Jonas dressed up in our costumes (I was a pirate wench) and hung out there all evening and laughed and screamed and had a lot of fun. I think one of highlights of the evening was the hilarity surrounding the caramel apples. You know how you have a caramel apple at a fair in the summer and it's soft and delicious? Well, it doesn't work that way in October on a clear night in Vancouver. The four of us got our caramel apples and tried to bite only to discover that the caramel was as hard as a rock. Then I had a bright idea. There are heat lamps everywhere!! The caramel will soften and it will be just like the middle of the summer!!! Well, the caramel softened but it was still only 5 degrees outside.


The haunted houses, the hellevator, the roller coaster and Luc screaming his head off were worth every penny of the admission price.

Sunday was church and tea and scones with my parents. Karla, Beth, Sabrina and I went and had real English tea and scones made by my mother. Sitting with British people drinking tea and eating scones is the way it should be. It just makes the entire experience more real. My mum's scones also reminded me why I really don't like store bought ones. It's just not the same.

Getting up for work wasn't that difficult this morning when I thought about how great my weekend had been. I was actually thankful I had a job to go to.

1 comment:

Alasdair said...

A scottish square dance?? Oh, it's so so so much more.