Sunday, October 14, 2007

birthday frivolity

Every year my birthday just seems to get better and better. Generally, I end up having a birthday week. This year it all started on Monday at Thanksgiving dinner at my parents. Pumpkin Pie AND cake. It was delicious! As the week went on I got various birthday wishes culminating in celebrations on the actual day!! Saturday my day started with my writing class which I am loving more and more each week. Then I had lunch with my new roommate Sabrina and coffee with my friend Kveta. Shopping at RW&Co. because I got 25% off on my birthday. I got some nice new tops and a lovely new coat.

Then Saturday night happened. Around 6 (some of my friends have issues with the clock) my friends began to arrive with delicious things they had cooked for me. There was tomato and bocconcini salad, shepherd's pie, zucchini casserole, tomato and mozzarella dip, homemade foccacia bread, cheese biscuits and more stuff I'm not remembering. It was delicious!! As we finished the meal our evening transitioned into a spontaneous round of "would you rather..." lead by my friend Beth. The pinnacle 'would you rather' was, "would you rather have your knee joints bend the wrong way or have your bumb in the front?" Envision that for a moment. Is there really a choice there? Eventually, after much deliberation, I chose the knees.

The next game was creating an answer to a theme. The first round was, "what would you have gotten Laura for her birthday if you could have?" Everyone would then hand their answers in and we all had to guess who had written what. The next question was, "What do you think the title of Laura's book should be?" The final round was, "What would you be totally shocked to see Laura wearing?" Clearly, I was the theme for this game and I liked that. I think some of my favorite answers were "Confessions of a beer slinging nurse" "Speed skating suit." "Soft helmet" "a ring with no diamonds". I'll leave it to you to figure out which category those belong in.

The best part of my birthday is spending time with the people I love and those who love me. I love the cards people buy and the sentiments they relay. Thank you to everyone who made my birthday so special. I love you all.

No comments: