Saturday, April 18, 2009

smooth barista

On my way to work yesterday evening, I stopped at JJ Bean to get an americano. A guy I've met a couple of times was working so I greeted him with his name. He looked at me a little confused so I contextualized how we knew one another and a look of recognition swept over his face. We stood and chatted for a while and he asked where I was going.

"I'm on my way to work actually."

"what do you do?"

"I'm an ICU nurse."

"wow, that's cool. How long have you been a nurse?"

"More years than I care to tell you."

"It can't have been that long."

"Almost 15 actually."

"What? Did you start nursing when you were 14 or something?"

I think I'm in love.

2 comments:

Beth said...

a) great photo!
b) if this is the barista i have also met, i am pretty sure a lot of girls are in love with him...but he is a smooth talker! :) i hope he made you a great coffee too.

Laura J said...

The photo is of Elfin Lakes when Dave and Karla and I went a couple of summers ago.

I'm not actually in love with him. I just thought it added nice punctuation to the end of my story...