Saturday, April 4, 2009

elevator

On days I work I am gone from my house for a very long time. I leave at 650 and usually get home at 830. If I decide to stop to grocery shop or run errands on the way home it pushes the arrival time to around 930 bringing the total time away from home to about 15 hours. Sooooooooo, last night, I grocery shop. I buy a relatively large amount of food 'cause I'm hosting a brunch on Sunday for 15 people. I drag all of my groceries onto the elevator and push 2. The door opens and I pull all of the bags off the elevator. My keys are in the pocket of my lululemon hoodie. The pockets are not that deep and as I lean over to pick up another bag, my keys slip out of my pocket and fall. Not that tragic except they fall down the elevator shaft. Yes folks, that's right, keys down the elevator shaft at 945 at night. Fortunately my friend Jonas has keys to my place. I wait in the hallway for about half an hour until he shows up with a huge grin on his face. He finds this incredibly amusing. I find it kind of amusing too. At some point I'd like my keys back. I knew there was more than just health benefits to not taking the elevator.

No comments: