Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Why I like people

Last night my small group met in my living room for the millionth time. I don't really tire of having people in my home and Mondays are one of my favorite times. It's so good to actually talk about meaningful things and be challenged by who they are, what they've experienced and what they think. People are amazing and complex and beautiful. Today I met a doctor who is from Afghanistan. I spoke to her for quite a while about what it was like there and how amazing it is that she is this incredibly educated, articulate woman who is now waiting to write exams here. It was a very moving experience. She is an amazing person. I feel incredibly fortunate to find myself among these people. As I encounter different people I find myself more able to understand myself and Jesus and how much He loves people. It's quite an amazing mystery actually-one that will continue for a lifetime.

No comments: