Thursday, April 12, 2007

Privilege

Each day I live I am pleasantly overwhelmed by how many people entrust me with the privilege of caring for them. In the last few days I have met an elderly Indian woman, an elderly Chinese man, a Scottish lady who's been married three times and who loves Rosie (why oh why?) a middle aged man who has recently become a paraplegic, an incredibly grumpy old man who used to be famous and a 35 year old drug addict...among many others. How incredible is that? Each of these people are unique and beautiful...and I met them and touched them and spoke with them. I even had the privilege of praying with one of them. My life overflows.

Not only that but there are people in my life who allow me the privilege of knowing them and who want to know me. The reciprocity of trust causes something beautiful to bloom. More beautiful than cherry blossoms (although they are pretty dang incredible!). This is when I realize the people I have surrounding me are amazing and valuable and need to be treated with utmost respect and awe. Not in a worshipping sense but in the sense of how precious another person is...and how amazingly precious friendship is. May I never underestimate or disregard the privilege of people whether it is for a fleeting moment or for many years to come.

No comments: