Thursday, April 19, 2007

this sucks!

i broke my hand!! i almost broke it 5 weeks ago falling off my bicycle. this time i tripped over myself...outside work...running to catch the light to cross the street. i effectively denied that my hand was broken for 18 hours. i just kept saying to myself "it'll feel better soon" as it got progressively bigger and more grey. I lectured this morning at the hospital and then got on the shuttle and went to the urgent care centre 'cause there's no way I'm sitting in emergency. the very lovely doctor had a hard time seeing the fracture 'cause there's so many bones in your hand. the comedic part of the experience was when I told him he could compare the new xrays to those I had taken 5 weeks ago! He kind of smirked at me...we had a moment. then he told me the half cast i have should stay on for 2 weeks but the bones won't heal for about 6 weeks...I think a week should be fine! (by the way, i typed this entire post with my left hand)

2 comments:

Emery Jo said...

owie!

Andrea said...

Yeah, that does suck... reminds me of the summer of 1994... did you wait longer to get you arm checked out this time? or did you go sooner? (hope you don't mind if I tease you a bit)